The Advanced Burn Life Support (ABLS) Provider Course is an eight-hour course designed for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, therapists, firefighters/EMTs, and paramedics. This live, hands-on course is designed to provide the “how-to” of emergency care of the burn patient through the first 24-hour critical time period. Following a series of lectures, case studies are presented for group discussions. An opportunity to work with a simulated burn patient to reinforce the assessment, stabilization, and the American Burn Association transfer criteria to a Burn Center will be provided. Testing consists of a written exam and a practical assessment.
- Evaluate a patient with a serious burn
- Define the magnitude and severity of the injury
- Identify and establish priorities of treatment
- Manage the airway and support ventilation
- Initiate and monitor fluid resuscitation
- Apply correct methods of physiological monitoring
- Determine which patients should be transferred to a burn center
- Organize and conduct the inter-hospital transfer of a seriously injured burn patient
Advanced Burn Life Support (ABLS) Provider Course
Click HERE to register online.
For information on additional dates, please email [email protected].