Medicare Annual Wellness Visit
The Medicare Annual Wellness Visit (AWV) is a yearly appointment for people who are on Medicare and have Medicare Part B. Together, you and your Grady primary care provider create or update a personalized prevention plan for you. This plan helps prevent illness based on your current health and risk factors. The visit is not a head-to-toe physical but a time to create a plan for living healthy.
Locations and Directions
Grady Memorial Hospital
80 Jesse Hill Jr Drive SE
Atlanta, GA 30303Monday - Friday: 8 AM - 4:30 PM
Asa G. Yancey Health Center
1247 Donald Lee Hollowell Pkwy NW
Atlanta, GA 30318Monday - Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Brookhaven Health Center
2695 Buford Hwy NE, Suite 200
Atlanta, GA 30324Monday - Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Camp Creek Comprehensive Care Center
3896 Princeton Lakes Way
Atlanta, GA 30331Monday - Friday: 7 AM - 5 PM
East Point Health Center
1595 W. Cleveland Ave.
East Point, GA 30344Monday - Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Kirkwood Health Center
1863 Memorial Drive SE
Atlanta, GA 30317Monday - Friday: 7 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 10 AM - 7 PM
North Fulton Health Center
7741 Roswell Rd.
Sandy Springs, GA 30350Monday - Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
What's an AWV?
During your Annual Wellness Visit, you and your provider will develop your personalized prevention plan. Before the visit, you’ll be given a health risk assessment – a survey that you complete before the visit. The questions ask about your health status, changes in your health, and urgent health needs.
At the visit, your provider will:
- Check your height, weight, and blood pressure.
- Ask about your medical and family history.
- Make a list of your doctors, home health services and supplies, and prescription medications, including vitamins and any over-the-counter medications you take.
- Assess your hearing, risk of falling, and ability to bathe, dress, and cook for yourself to determine your safety at home.
- Screen for memory loss, depression, and food and housing insecurity.
- Provide health advice and referrals to health education and preventive counseling services like fall prevention, smoking cessation, and healthy eating.
Then, you and your provider create a written screening schedule or checklist for you to follow.
Schedule Your AWV
To get your checklist for good health, schedule your Annual Wellness Visit today.
Call (404) 616-1000, Monday-Friday, from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. to schedule your appointment and one of our scheduling representatives can work with you to connect you to the correct provider and service.
If you are an existing Grady patient, have a MyChart account, and want to avoid waiting on hold, you can log in here and request an appointment without having to pick up the phone.
Covered By Medicare
Medicare Part B covers the cost of your Annual Wellness Visit if:
- You have had Part B for longer than 12 months.
- And, you have not received an AWV in the past 12 months.
- Additionally, you cannot receive your AWV in the same year as your Welcome to Medicare preventive visit.
You pay nothing for an Annual Wellness Visit at Grady, and there’s no Part B deductible.