Front Line of Care
Grady’s expert orthopedic trauma surgeons form the front line of care when a sudden incident, like a car collision or fall, severely injures bones, joints, and soft tissue. But orthopedic trauma also occurs with overuse. For example, long-distance runners often experience stress fractures in their lower legs.
From the moment patients reach Grady’s Trauma Center, we provide all the orthopedic surgical services needed to get them back on their feet as quickly and effectively as possible.
Broad, Deep Experience
Our orthopedic trauma surgeons specialize in the treatment of severe bone fractures, including compound fractures that break through the skin, fractures near the joint, multiple broken bones, and fractures that have not healed properly or have become infected.
Grady’s unparalleled trauma experience means that we have a deep understanding of:
- Hip and pelvic fractures, which typically require surgery to stabilize the bone to prevent permanent damage.
- Combined tibia/fibula fractures, which usually require open reduction surgery to reposition bone pieces to put them into proper alignment.
- Ankle fractures, such as bimalleolar, trimalleolar, and pilon fractures, which often require surgery to realign the bones.
- Tibial plateau fractures, breaks of the larger lower leg bone below the knee that intrude into the knee joint, tend to require surgery because the fractures can involve the bone, meniscus, ligaments, muscles, tendons, and skin around the knee.
- Le Fort fractures of the ankle, patella, metacarpal, and clavical, which require surgery to restore proper alignment.
- Traumatic hand and foot injuries, including metacarpal and metatarsal fractures and degloving injuries, when a section of skin and tissue are ripped from the body.
- Foot fractures, including Lisfranc fractures that involve the mid-foot and Calcaneal fractures that involve the heel.
- Forearm fractures, such as Ulnar or radial fractures, and fractures to the olecranon in the bony tip of the elbow.
Locations and Directions
80 Gilmer St. SE
Atlanta, GA 303037th FloorMonday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 8 AM - 5:30 PM
Camp Creek Comprehensive Care Center
3896 Princeton Lakes Way
Atlanta, GA 30331Monday - Friday: 8 AM - 5:30 PM
Why Choose Us
Grady’s Orthopedic Center deals with 11,000 unique patient visits each year – from trauma cases to compound injuries to tendon repairs. Our orthopedic surgeons specialize in traumatology, the use of surgery to repair fractures and other injuries caused by trauma. This makes them uniquely qualified to handle the challenging orthopedic cases that other institutions often refer to Grady: complicated fractures, complex joint reconstruction, debilitating arthritis, joint issues associated with obesity, and others.
Plus, we take a “sports medicine” approach to care that aims to restore peak performance – whatever your level of activity. When you choose Grady, you’re choosing the team that:
- Put Kansas City Royals manager Ned Yost back on the field after he shattered his pelvis in a fall.
- Saved Justin Keoninh’s arm after a devastating motorcycle accident.
- Helped Reid Traylor walk again after he broke his thoracic spine – an injury few people survive.
Because the Grady Orthopedic Center’s elite staff works in Atlanta’s busiest trauma center, our providers are uniquely qualified to treat the broadest range of musculoskeletal conditions. Whether you need a hip replacement, spinal disc surgery, or complex surgery for an injury, you will be cared for by an expert.
Appointments and Referrals
Grady’s Orthopedics Center accepts new patients with referrals from either primary care providers or other specialists. Please ask your provider to use our patient referral form. We will contact you to schedule an appointment.
If you are an existing Grady orthopedic patient and have a MyChart account, visit MyChart or call our scheduling line at (404) 616-1000, to make an appointment.
Every hospital treats patients. At Grady, we strive to treat them better, more efficiently, and effectively. Our Orthopedic team of physicians, nurses, and other staff specializes in treating conditions that limit patients’ mobility. Our innovative care and research attract physicians from across the nation. All coming together to ensure we can provide you with Atlanta’s best orthopedic trauma care.