Our staff and patients need you. Consider joining the thousands of people who have volunteered their time and talents at Grady over the years. Your willingness to give will have a positive impact on our patients and their recovery. Grady employees will come to rely on your dedication and giving spirit.
- Be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Agree to volunteer for a three-hour shift per week for at least three months.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Provide proof of immunization for measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) (two dates) and immunization or immunity for chickenpox (varicella).
- Receive an annual tuberculosis (TB) screening.
- Receive an annual flu vaccination.
- Follow Grady’s Volunteer Services policies and procedures.
To begin the application process:
What volunteering isn’t?
Volunteering is not an internship or a shadow program. It’s also not an opportunity to get clinical experience.
As a volunteer, you are not allowed to participate in direct patient care. Finally, we do not accept volunteers who are court ordered to perform community service.