With the continuing favorable trends in COVID-19 prevalence in our community, we are pleased to share that effective Tuesday, March 15, 2022, Grady Health System has updated our visitation policy for inpatients, outpatients, and those in our Emergency Room.
Thank you for your continued support to ensure we provide the safest and highest quality environment for our patients, their families, medical staff, and employees.
What is changing?
- Hospitalized Patients (inpatient and observation status): Two visitors inside the facility at a time.
- Emergency Department: Two visitors inside the facility at a time.
- Minors: No visitors under 12 years old are allowed in the Emergency Department or with Hospitalized Patients.
- Outpatient Appointments: One visitor of any age is welcome to accompany a patient to the appointment.
- Hospital Surgery and Procedures: One visitor throughout the visit (including registration, procedure, and recovery).
- Imaging Tests and Procedures: One visitor throughout the visit (including registration, procedure/test, and recovery).
- Symptom Screening: We will no longer be symptom screening at our entrances. Patients and visitors will still need to check-in at our entrances to adhere to the visitation policy.
What is staying the same?
- Visiting hours are from Noon until 8 p.m. each day.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Special Care Nurseries: Two visitors throughout the visit.
- Inpatient Obstetrics/ Labor and Delivery: Two visitors throughout the visit, one of which may be a birthing assistant.
- Outpatient Obstetrics: One visitor throughout the appointment.
- End of Life: Patients at end of life, or patients being evaluated for and/or receiving hospice care, may have two visitors. Additional visitors may be allowed upon approval from the care team.
- No visitors will be permitted for patients diagnosed with or under investigation for COVID-19.
- All visitors must wear a mask covering their mouth and nose at all times (including in patient rooms) regardless of vaccination status.
The designated Grady executive or administrator on call must approve any exceptions to the visitation policy.
Grady Health System reserves the right to change the visitation policy at any time.