Medical Interpreter Academy
About Grady’s Medical Interpreter Academy
The Grady Medical Interpreter Academy promotes a culture of qualified language professionals through education, training, and credentialing. We do this by providing accessible, real-world training designed by seasoned hospital interpreters. Why? Our calling to become the leading public academic healthcare system in the United States demands we be a teaching hub for culture and language standards as well as for patient advocacy.
Our curriculum is perfect for your needs, whether you:
- Are starting your professional career with the required 40 hour Bridging the Gap interpreter fundamental course
- Want to continue to develop professionally
- Have the gift of bilingual fluency and want to put it to work
- Just need CEU’s.
A unique interpretation experience
Grady Health System is an epicenter for diverse patient care in Georgia and as such we care for a multitude of patients from different backgrounds.
Unlike other medical interpreter training programs, upon successful completion of Bridging the Gap, participants will be given the option to shadow other professional medical interpreters in hospital settings. There, they will see how our classroom fundamentals are embodied in real patient care interpretations.
Grady’s Medical Interpreter Training Programs
- Bridging the Gap: Medical Interpreter Training
- Medical Interpreter Shadowing- Coming Soon!
- National Certification Prep Course – Coming Soon!
- Continuing Education – Coming Soon!