At Grady, the safety of everyone who comes through our doors is the top priority and that is where our heroes in blue come in – Grady’s public safety officers.
Grady prides itself on the high level of security it provides, both visible and behind the scenes. As a public safety officer, you protect staff, patients, and visitors and ensure that all hospital property is secure. Your duties are to patrol the building and its grounds, monitor all activity in and out of the hospital, and endeavor to prevent vandalism, theft, and disturbances within the facility.
- Ability to learn and operate computerized security systems, CCTV monitoring equipment, and standard 2-way radios
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt well
- Remain calm in stressful situations and keep attention to detail high, no matter the circumstances
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance, and provide excellent customer service as needed
- Follow established security protocols while using initiative and good judgment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 18 years old
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Retirement plan (401K) with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Excellent benefits for family or single coverage
A Grady officer must possess a variety of skills to be successful. Keen observational skills are necessary because you are constantly looking out for anything that is amiss, which may include unauthorized vehicles, people moving through restricted areas, patients who seem lost, or broken security cameras. Customer service is also very important because you are a visible and valuable member of the hospital staff and sometimes the first person a patient or visitor encounters. You need to be courteous and happy to direct people to where they need to go.