Samir BelagajeBack to Search Results
- Marcus Stroke & Neuroscience Center
- 80 Jesse Hill Jr Drive SE Atlanta, GA 30303
- (404) 616-1111
Dr. Samir Belagaje graduated from Indiana University School of Medicine and completed his neurology residency training at the University of Cincinnati where he was the chief resident. He then completed a stroke fellowship as well as neuro-recovery training at the University of Cincinnati.
Dr. Belagaje joined the faculty at Emory University in the Departments of Neurology and Rehabilitation Medicine in 2010. Currently, he serves as the Director of Stroke Rehabilitation for the Marcus Stroke & Neuroscience Center at Grady Memorial Hospital and Director of the Vascular Neurology fellowship He currently serves as the co-chair of the physician work group of the Stroke Program Board at the Emory Rehabilitation Hospital and currently serves as the first chair of the Education Committee of the American Society of Neurorehabilitation (ASNR),
Since being at Emory, Dr. Belagaje has remained very active in clinical trials research with a clinical interest in stroke rehabilitation. He is currently the local PI for two stroke recovery trials and published multiple topics. He is also quite active in education, and maintains interest in health policy issues and works with national organizations to advocate for his patients and colleagues.
- Dept of Neurology Teaching Award AB Baker Teaching Award
- Psychiatry/Neurology - Neurology
- Medical School @ Indiana University School of Medicine
- Internship @ The Christ Hospital
- Residency @ University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine