- Letter of interest stating why the applicant wants to pursue the Neurology specialty residency at Grady Memorial Hospital (upload into Phorcas)
- Current Curriculum Vitae (include completed and anticipated residency rotations) – (upload into Phorcas)
- Official pharmacy school transcripts (Upload into Phorcas)
- Four (4) references completed on the Phorcas Recommendation Form. Formal, typed letters are not required but may be uploaded by the reference if desired. If an applicant cannot meet the reference requirements below, please reach out to the residency program director for exception.
- Two recommendations must be from clinical pharmacist preceptors who taught the resident during a PGY-1 pharmacy residency rotation.
- One recommendation must be from the residency director.
- One recommendation from a person of the applicant’s choosing. This recommendation must be from someone who has worked with the applicant in a clinical setting or as an advisor during their PGY1 year.
- Residency Questionnaire: Please answer the following questions and upload them into PhoRCAS:
- What do you wish to achieve by the conclusion of the residency?
- Describe the ideal PGY-2 residency program.
- Which clinical rotations in your residency program did you most like and which did you least like? Why?
- What would your most recent supervisor/preceptor/program director say are your strengths and areas of improvement? Please provide examples.
- When will you complete your PGY-1 training?
- Will you be eligible to sit for the Georgia practical exam in June? (for those applicants who do not currently have a Georgia pharmacist license)
Applicants invited for an on-site interview will be required to present a 15 – 20 minute (time includes ~ 5 minutes of Q&A) professional presentation on a topic related to clinical pharmacy practice (may present residency research project if some data collection and analysis has been completed).
Representatives will be available at the ASHP Midyear Clinical meeting Residency Showcase in December. On-site interviews will be scheduled in late January or February.
For additional questions, please contact Dr. Katleen Chester, Director of the Neurology Residency program or Dr. Olivia Morgan, Residency Program Coordinator.
Katleen Chester, PharmD, BCCCP, BCGP
PGY-2 Neurology Residency Program Director
Neurocritical Care Clinical Pharmacist Specialist
Olivia Morgan, PharmD, BCCCP, BCGP
PGY-2 Neurology Residency Program Coordinator
Neurology Clinical Pharmacist Specialist
Department of Pharmacy and Drug Information
Grady Health System
80 Jesse Hill Jr. Drive, SE
Atlanta, Georgia 30303