- Letter of interest stating why the applicant wants to pursue the Neurology specialty residency at Grady Memorial Hospital (upload into Phorcas)
- Current Curriculum Vitae (include completed and anticipated residency rotations) – (upload into Phorcas)
- Official pharmacy school transcripts (Upload into Phorcas)
- Four (4) references completed on the Phorcas Recommendation Form. Formal, typed letters are not required but may be uploaded by the reference if desired.
- Three recommendations must be from preceptors who taught the resident during a PGY-1 pharmacy residency rotation. A recommendation from the residency advisor is acceptable to replace one preceptor recommendation.
- One recommendation must be from the residency director.
- Residency Questionnaire: Please answer the following questions and upload them into PhoRCAS:
- What do you wish to achieve by the conclusion of the residency?
- Describe the ideal PGY-2 residency program.
- Which clinical rotations in your residency program did you most like and which did you least like? Why?
- What would your most recent immediate supervisor say are your strengths and areas of improvement?
- Describe your most rewarding experience in your residency program or pharmacy school.
- When will you complete your PGY-1 training?
- Will you be eligible to sit for the Georgia practical exam in June? (for those applicants who do not currently have a Georgia pharmacist license)
Applicants invited for an on-site interview will be required to present a 15 – 20 minute professional presentation on a topic related to clinical pharmacy practice (may present residency research project if some data collection and analysis has been completed).
Representatives will be available at the ASHP Midyear Clinical meeting Residency Showcase in December. On-site interviews will be scheduled in February.
For additional questions, please contact Dr. Katleen Chester, Director of the Neurology Residency program or Dr. Olivia Morgan, Residency Program Coordinator
Katleen Chester, PharmD, BCCCP, BCGP
PGY-2 Neurology Residency Program Director
Neurocritical Care Clinical Pharmacist Specialist
Olivia Morgan, PharmD, BCCCP, BCGP
PGY-2 Neurology Residency Program Coordinator
Neurology Clinical Pharmacist Specialist
Department of Pharmacy and Drug Information
Grady Health System
80 Jesse Hill Jr. Drive, SE
Atlanta, Georgia 30303