Joints are a complex collection of bone, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and other tissues. A lot can go wrong that can sometimes cause pain or reduce mobility.
Some of these issues can be addressed with a combination of medication, physical therapy, and lifestyle changes. When that’s not enough, Grady’s expert orthopedic surgeons can repair many joint conditions using minimally invasive procedures that can be performed on an outpatient basis, typically in a few hours.
The advantage of minimally invasive procedures is clear: Patient recovery times are much quicker, procedures tend to take less time, and – because many can be performed on an outpatient basis – they tend to be less expensive.
But, if these more conservative approaches do not alleviate your joint pain or restore your mobility, you may need open surgery or even a total joint replacement.
In either option, our team of the best joint surgeons in Atlanta works with you to determine how we can provide the best surgery solutions for you.
We routinely treat:
- Severe arthritis, including bone on bone cases.
- Severe osteoarthritis, such as tricompartmental osteoarthritis that affects three parts of the knee, and patellafemoral osteoarthritis that affects the underside of the knee.
- Avascular necrosis, a rare condition that results from the loss of blood supply to the hip.
- Hip fractures, which can occur with anyone, though people 65 and older are at greatest risk.
- Joint dislocations that require surgery.
- Joint replacements for hips and knees – but can also include ankles, wrists, shoulders, and other joints.
Locations and Directions
80 Gilmer St. SE
Atlanta, GA 303037th FloorMonday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 8 AM - 5:30 PM
Camp Creek Comprehensive Care Center
3896 Princeton Lakes Way
Atlanta, GA 30331Monday - Friday: 8 AM - 5:30 PM
Why Choose Us
Grady’s Orthopedic Center deals with 11,000 unique patient visits each year – from trauma cases to compound injuries to tendon repairs. Our orthopedic surgeons specialize in traumatology, the use of surgery to repair fractures and other injuries caused by trauma. This makes them uniquely qualified to handle the challenging orthopedic cases that other institutions often refer to Grady: complicated fractures, complex joint reconstruction, debilitating arthritis, joint issues associated with obesity, and others.
Plus, we take a “sports medicine” approach to care that aims to restore peak performance – whatever your level of activity. When you choose Grady, you’re choosing the team that:
- Put Kansas City Royals manager Ned Yost back on the field after he shattered his pelvis in a fall.
- Saved Justin Keoninh’s arm after a devastating motorcycle accident.
- Helped Reid Traylor walk again after he broke his thoracic spine – an injury few people survive.
Because the Grady Orthopedic Center’s elite staff works in Atlanta’s busiest trauma center, our providers are uniquely qualified to treat the broadest range of musculoskeletal conditions. Whether you need a hip replacement, spinal disc surgery, or complex surgery for an injury, you will be cared for by an expert.
Appointments and Referrals
Grady’s Orthopedics Center accepts new patients with referrals from either primary care providers or other specialists. Please ask your provider to use our patient referral form. We will contact you to schedule an appointment.
If you are an existing Grady orthopedic patient and have a MyChart account, visit MyChart or call our scheduling line at (404) 616-1000, to make an appointment.
Every hospital treats patients. At Grady, we strive to treat them better, more efficiently, and effectively. Our Orthopedic team of physicians, nurses, and other staff specializes in treating conditions that limit patients’ mobility. Our innovative care and research attract physicians from across the nation. All coming together to ensure we can provide you with Atlanta’s best joint care.