The Georgia Comprehensive Sickle Cell Center at Grady is the world’s first 24-hour comprehensive primary care clinic for adult patients with sickle cell syndromes.
Acute Care is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you require acute care, please come directly to the Sickle Cell Clinic. Trained Sickle Cell Clinic doctors and staff, the same staff you see during your routine appointments, will treat you. If this is an emergency, please call 911. After hours use the Clinic Building entrance on Pratt Street.
Transfusion services are located on the 10th Floor in the A corridor. The clinic recommends all type/cross work be performed two days prior to transfusion to ensure product is available. The Sickle Cell Clinic can assist you.
- Routine health care by appointment
- Newborn screening and genetic counseling
- 24-hour acute care for adults age 18 and older
- Chronic transfusion services
- Pain management
- Leg ulcer and Hydrea clinics
- Transition clinic – to ease the transition from pediatric to adult services
- Patient counseling
- Sickle cell education and outreach
Pharmacy, Lab, Infusion Center
What We Treat
Sickle Cell Anemia and related conditions and complications
Forms you’ll need
|Authorization of Treatment||Rights & Responsibilities|