internationally known expert in autoimmune skin diseases. He is a graduate of Canisius College in Buffalo, New York and attended SUNY Buffalo School of Medicine where he graduated in 1972. He trained in Dermatology at Yale, Buffalo, and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and spent the early years of his career as a clinical investigator at NIH.
Thomas J. Lawley, MD
- ABMS Dermatology
- National Institutes of Health
Education & Training
- Medical School: S.U.N.Y. School of [email protected] Buffalo
- Internship: State University of New York @ Buffalo School of Medicine
- Residency: State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine
Honors & Awards
Honorary Member Award, Society for Investigative Dermatology, 2018
Charles R. Hatcher Jr., MD, Award for Excellence in Public Health, 2014
Distinguished Service Award, Association of American Medical Colleges, 2014
Arnall Patz Lifetime Achievement Award, Emory University School of Medicine, 2012
David Martin Carter Mentor Award, American Skin Association, 2009
Stephen Rothman Memorial Award, Society for Investigative Dermatology, 2006
Distinguished Alumnus Award, SUNY at Buffalo, 2002
Distinguished Alumnus Award, Canisius College, 2002
Katz SI, Hertz KC, Crawford PS, Gazze LA, Frank MM, and Lawley TJ: Effect of sulfones on complement deposition in dermatitis herpetiformis and on complement-mediated guinea pig reaction. J Invest Dermatol 67:688-690, 1976.
Katz SI, Gallin JI, Hertz KC, Fauci AS, and Lawley TJ: Erythema Elevatum Diutinum: Skin and systemic manifestations, immunologic studies, and successful treatment with dapsone. Medicine 56:443-455, 1977.
Lawley TJ, Peck GL, Moutsopoulos HM, Gratwohl AA, and Deisseroth A: Scleroderma and Sjogren's-like syndrome in a patient with chronic graft vs. host disease. Ann Intern Med 87:707-709, 1977.
Lawley TJ, Stingl G, and Katz SI: Fetal and maternal risk factors in herpes gestationis. Arch Dermol 114:552-555, 1978.
Moutsopoulos HM, Balow JE, Lawley TJ, Stahl NI, Antonovych TT, and Chused TM: Immune complex glomerulonephritis in the Sicca Syndrome. Amer J Med 64:955-960, 1978.
Levinson AI, Summers RJ, Lawley TJ, Evans R, and Frank MM: Evaluation of the adverse effects of long term hyposensitization. J Aller Clin Immunol 62:109-114, 1978.
Jaffe CJ, Vierling JM, Jones EA, Lawley TJ, and Frank MM: Receptor specific clearance by the reticuloendothelial system in chronic liver disease: Demonstration of defective C3b specific clearance in primary biliary cirrhosis. J Clin Invest 62:1069-1077, 1978.
Foidart JM, Martin GR, Abe S, Zizic TM, Barnett EV, Lawley TJ, and Katz SI: Antibodies to type II collagen and circulating immune complexes in relapsing polychondritis. N Engl J Med 299:1203-1207, 1978.
Lawley TJ, Ottesen E, Hiatt RA, Gazze L: Detection of circulating immune complexes in acute schistosomiasis. Clin Exp Immunol 37:221-227, 1979.
Lawley TJ, Ackerman AB, Hertz KC, Wade T, and Katz SI: Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy. JAMA 241:1696-99, 1979.
Frank MM, Hamburger MI, Lawley TJ, Kimberly RP, and Plotz PH: An immunospecific clearance defect in systemic lupus erythematosus. N Engl J Med 300:518-523, 1979.
Parillo J, Lawley TJ, Frank MM, Kaplan A, and Fauci AS: Immunologic reactivity in the hypereosinophilic syndrome. J Aller Clin Immunol 64:118-121, 1979.
Lawley TJ, Moutsopoulos HM, Katz SI, Theofilopoulos AN, Chused TM, and Frank MM: Circulating immune complexes in Sjogren's syndrome. J Immunol 123:1382-1387, 1979.
Hamburger MI, Moutsopoulos HM, Lawley TJ, and Frank MM: A defect in receptor specific reticuloendothelial function in patients with sicca syndrome. Ann Int Med 91:534-538, 1979.
Goodenberger DM, Lawley TJ, Strober W, Wyatt DO, Sangree M, Huyett, Sherwin R, Rosenbaum H, Braverman I, and Katz SI: Necrolytic migratory erythema without glucogonoma. Arch Dermatol 115:1429-1432, 1979.
Lawley TJ, and Frank MM: The complement system in diagnosis. Int J Derm 18:673-680, 1979.
Lawley TJ, Strober W, Yaoita H, and Katz SI: Small intestinal biopsies and HLA types in dermatitis herpetiformis patients with granular and linear IgA skin deposits. J Invest Dermatol 74:9-12, 1980.
Hamburger MI, Gorevic PD, Lawley TJ, Franklin EC, Frank MM: Mixed Cryoglobulinemia: Association of glomerulonephritis with defective reticuloendothelial system (RES) Fc receptor function. Trans Am Assoc Phys 92:104-112, 1979.
Lawley TJ: Immune complexes and reticuloendothelial system function in human disease. J Invest Dermatol 74:339-343, 1980.
Lawley TJ, James SP, Jones EA: Circulating immune complexes: Their detection and potential significance in some hepatobiliary disease. Gastroenterology. 78:626-641, 1980.
Hall RP, Lawley TJ, Heck JA, Katz SI: IgA containing immune complexes in dermatitis herpetiformis, Henoch-Schonlein purpura, systemic lupus erythematosus and other diseases. Clin Exp Immunol 40:431-437, 1980.
Lawley TJ: Detection and characterization of circulating immune complexes in Sjogren's syndrome. In Sjogren's Syndrome: Current Issues (H. Moutsopoulos moderator) Ann Int Med 92:212-226, 1980.
Lawley TJ, Gorevic PD, Hamburger MI, Franklin EC, and Frank MM: Multiple types of immune complexes in patients with mixed cyroglobulinemia. J Invest Dermatol 75:297-301, 1980.
Lawley TJ: (1) Reticuloendothelial system function; and (2) Findings in patients with linear IgA skin deposits. In Dermatitis Herpetiformis: The Skin and the Gut. Ann Int Med 93:857-874, 1980.
Hiatt RA, Ottesen E, Sotomajor R, Lawley TJ: Serial observations of circulating immune complexes in patients with acute schistosomiasis. J Infect Dis 142:655-670, 1980.
Yaoita H, Briggaman RA, Lawley TJ, Provost TT, Katz SI: Ultrastructural and immunological studies on epidermolysis bullosa acquisita. J Invest Dermatol 76:288-292, 1981.
Hunninghake GW, Gadek JE, Lawley TJ, Crystal RG: Mechanisms of neutrophil accumulation in the lungs of patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. J Clin Invest 68:259-269, 1981.
Lawley TJ, Hall RP, Fauci AS, Katz SI, Hamburger MI, Frank MM: Defective Fc receptor functions associated with the HLA-B8/DRw3 haplotypes: Studies in patients with dermatitis herpetiformis and normal subjects. N Eng J Med 304:185-192, 1981.
Hall RP, Strober W, Katz SI, Lawley TJ: IgA containing circulating immune complexes in gluten sensitive enteropathy. Clin Exp Immunol 45: 234-239, 1981.
Lawley TJ, and Hall RP: Circulating immune complexes in dermatologic diseases. Seminars in Immunopathology 4:221-240, 1981.
Hamburger MI, Lawley TJ, Kimberly RP, Plotz PH, and Frank MM: A serial study of reticuloendothelial system Fc receptor function in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus Arth Rheum 25:48-54, 1982.
Hall RP, Lawley TJ, Smith H, Katz SI: Bullous lupus erythematosus: Dramatic response to dapsone. Ann Int Med 97:165-170, 1982.
Lawley TJ: (1) Immune complexes-current methods of detection. (2) The relationship between Fc receptor-dependent clearance and HLA type. Ann Int Med 98:206-218, 1983.
Fries LF, Hall RP, Lawley TJ, Crabtree GR, Frank MM: Monocyte receptors for the Fc portion of IgG studies with monomeric IgGl: Normal in vitro expression of Fc receptors in HLA-B8/DRw3 subjects with defective Fc mediated in vivo clearance. J Immunol 129:1041-1049, 1982.
Wei N, Klippel JH, Huston DP, Hall RP, Lawley TJ, Balow JE, Steinberg AD, Decker TJ: A randomized trail of plasmapheresis in systemic lupus erythematosus. Lancet 1:17-22, 1983.
Hall RP, Strachura E, Cason J, Whiteside T, Lawley TJ: IgA containing immune complexes in patients with IgA nephropathy (Berger's disease). Am J Med 74:56-63, 1983.
Barral-Netto M, Cheever AW, Lawley TJ, Ottesen EA: Cell-mediated and humoral immune responses in Capuchin monkeys infected with Schistosomia japonicum or Schistosomia mansoni. Am J Trop Med Hyg 32:1335-43, 1983.
Greene BM, Taylor HR, Brown EJ, Humphrey RL, Lawley TJ: Ocular and systemic complications of diethylcarbamazine therapy of onchocerciasis: Associated with circulating immune complexes. J Inf Dis. 147:890-897, 1983.
Hall RP, Peck G, Lawley TJ: IgA immune complexes in psoriasis. J Invest Dermatol 80:465-468, 1983.
Yancey KB, and Lawley TJ: Circulating immune complexes and dermatologic disease. Am J Dermatopath 5:401-406, 1983.
Yancey KB, Cason JC, Hall RP, Lawley TJ: Dietary gluten does not influence the levels of circulating immune complexes in patients with dermatitis herpetiformis. J Invest Dermatol 80:468-471, 1983.
Moutsopoulos HM, Constantopoulos S, Gerber LH, and Lawley TJ: Immunologic abnormalities in idiopathic Raynaud's phenomenon. Clin Exp Rheum 1:45-48, 1983.
Fields TR, Gerardi EN, Ghebrehiwet B, Bennett RS, Lawley TJ, Hall RO, Plotz PH, Karsh JR, Frank MM, Hamburger MI: Reticuloendothelial System Function. J Rheumatol 10: 550-557, 1983.
Hintner H, Steinert P, and Lawley TJ: Human upper epidermal cytoplasmic antibodies are directed against keratin intermediate filament proteins. J Clin Invest 2:1344-1351, 1983.
Lawley TJ, Bielory L, Gascon P, Yancey KB, Young NS, and Frank MM: Human serum sickness. Trans Assoc Am Physicians 97:49-55, 1984.
Yancey KB, Hall RP, and Lawley TJ: Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy: Clinical experience in 25 patients. J Am Acad Dermatol 10:473-480, 1984.
Yancey KB, and Lawley TJ: Circulating immune complexes: Their immuno-chemistry, biology and detection in selected dermatologic and systemic diseases. J Am Acad Dermatol 10: 711-731, 1984.
Hintner H, and Lawley TJ: Anti stratum corneum antibodies are directed against keratin intermediate filaments. J Invest Dermatol 82:491-495, 1984.
Hall RP, Leiserson WM, Chused TM, and Lawley TJ: Characterization of T-lymphocyte and monocyte populations in patients with dermatitis herpetiformis and HLA-B8/DRw3 normal individuals. J Invest Dermatol 82:231-234, 1984.
Lawley TJ, Bielory L, Gascon P, Yancey KB, Young NS, and Frank MM: A prospective clinical and immunologic analysis of serum sickness in man. N Eng J Med 311:1407-1413, 1984.
51. Yancey KB, Hammer CH, Harvath L, Renfer L, Frank MM, and Lawley TJ: In vivo studies of C5a as a mediator of human cutaneous inflammation. J Clin Invest 75:486-495, 1985.
Hintner H, Neises GR, Lawley TJ: In vitro processing of extracellular human keratin intermediate filaments: Enzymatic degradation and autoantibody interaction. J Invest Dermatol 84:108-113, 1985.
Hall RP, Gerber LH, and Lawley TJ: IgA immune complexes in patients with psoriatic arthritis. Clin Exp Rheum 2:221-225, 1984.
Lawley TJ, Bielory L, Gascon P, Yancey KB, Young NS, and Frank MM: A study of human serum sickness. J Invest Dermatol 85:129s-132s, 1985.
Straus SE, Tosato G, Armstrong G, Lawley TJ, Davey R, Preble O, Brus I, and Blaese RM: Persisting illness and fatigue in 23 adults: Serologic and immunologic evidence for chronic active Epstein-Barr virus infection. Ann Int Med 102:7-16, 1985.
Minuk GY, Angus M, Brickman CM, Lawley TJ, Frank MM, Hoofnagle JH, and Jones EA: Abnormal clearance of immune complexes from the circulation of patients with primary sclerosing cholangitis. Gastroenterology 88:166-170, 1985.
Romani N, Hintner H, and Lawley TJ: Immunoelectronmicroscopic identification of upper cytoplasmic antigens on keratin intermediate filaments. J Invest Dermatol 84:542, 1985.
Bielory L, Yancey KB, Young NS, Frank MM, and Lawley TJ: Cutaneous manifestations of serum sickness in patients receiving antithymocyte globulin. J Am Acad Dermatol 13:411-417, 1985.
Yancey KB, O'Shea J, Chused T, Brown E, Takahashi T, Frank MM, and Lawley TJ: Human C5a modulates monocyte Fc and C3 receptor expression. J Immunol 135:465-470, 1985.
Shelhamer JH, Volkman DJ, Parillo JE, Lawley TJ, Johnston M, and Fauci AS: Takayasu's arteritis and its therapy in the United States. Ann Int Med 103:121-126, 1985.
Hall RP, and Lawley TJ: Characterization of circulating and cutaneous IgA immune complexes in patients with dermatitis herpetiformis. J Immunol 135:1760-1765, 1985.
Bender BS, Frank MM, Lawley TJ, Smith WJ, Brickman CM, and Quinn TC: Defective reticuloendothelial system Fc IgG receptor function in patients with the acquired immune deficiency syndrome. J Infect Dis 152:409-412, 1985.
Bielory L, Gascon P, Lawley TJ, Nienhuis A, Frank MM, and Young NS: Serum sickness and hematopoietic recovery from antithymocyte globulin in bone marrow failure patients. Br J Hematol 63:729-736, 1986.
Brickman CM, Tsokos GC, Chused TM, Lawley TJ, Balow JE, and Frank MM: Hereditary angioedema (HAE): I. Immunoregulatory disorders associated with HAE. J Aller Clin Immunol 77:749-757, 1986.
65. Brickman CM, Tsokos GC, Chused TM, Lawley TJ, Balow JE and Frank MM: Hereditary angioedema (HAE): II Immunoregulatory disorders associated with HAE. J Aller Clin Immunol 77:758-767, 1986.
66. Renfer L, Frank MM, Hammer CH, Harvath L, Lawley TJ, and Yancey KB: A simplified method for purification of human C5a from citrated plasma. J Immunol Methods 88:193-205, 1986.
67. Edwards JE, Gaither TA, O'Shea JJ, Lawley TJ, Wright SA, Frank MM, and Green I: Expression of specific binding sites for human complement fragments C3b, iC3b, and C3d on Candida. J Immunol 137:3577-3583, 1986.
68. Hintner H, Romani N, Stanzl U, Fritsch P, and Lawley TJ: Phagocytosis of keratin filament aggregates following opsonization with IgG-anti keratin filament autoantibodies. J Invest Dermatol 88:176-182, 1987.
69. Kubota Y, Gaither TA, O'Shea JJ, and Lawley TJ: Herpes Simplex virus type 1 infection induces the formation of Fc and C3b receptors on keratinocytes and A431 cells and endothelial cells. J Immunol 138:1137-1142, 1987.
70. Yancey KB, Bielory L, Wright R, Young N, Frank MM, and Lawley TJ: Patients with bone marrow failure demonstrate decreased cutaneous reactivity to human C5a. J Invest Dermatol 88:388-392, 1987.
71. Yancey KB, Swerlick RA, and Lawley TJ: C5a as a mediator of cutaneous inflammation. Am J Dermatolopathol 9;138-143, 1987.
72. Koski CL, Sanders ME, Swoveland PT, Lawley TJ, Shin ML, Frank MM, and Joiner KA: Activation of terminal components of complement in patients with Guillain-Barre Syndrome and other demyelinating neuropathies. J Clin Invest 80:1492-1497, 1987.
73. Okusawa S, Dinarello CA, Endres S, Yancey KB, Lawley TJ, Frank MM, Burke JF, and Gelfand JA: C5a induction of human IL-1: Synergistic effect with endotoxin or interferon-gamma. J Immunol 139:2635-2640, 1987.
74. Zeitz M, Hopf U, Wust B, Galanos C, Moller B, Lawley TJ, and Riecken EO: Absence of complement fixing antibodies against lipopolysaccharides from Escherichia coli in a subgroup of patients with Crohn's disease. Gut 28:1460-1466, 1987.
75. Keahey TM, Yancey KB, and Lawley TJ: Immediate hypersensitivity. J Am Acad Dermatol 17:826-837, 1987.
76. Yarchoan R, Perno CF, Thomas RV, Klecker RW, Allain JP, Wills RJ, McAtee N, Fischi MA, Dubinsky R, McNeeley MC, Mitsuya H, Pluda JM, Lawley TJ, Leuther M, Safai B, Collins JM, Myers CE, and Broder S: Phase I studies of 2',3' - Dideoxycytidine in severe human immunodeficiency virus infection as a single agent and alternating with zidovudine (AZT). Lancet 1:76-80, 1988.
77. Bielory L, Gascon P, Lawley TJ, Young NS, and Frank MM: Human serum sickness: A prospective of 35 patients treated with equine antithymocyte globulin for bone marrow failure. Medicine 67:40-57, 1988.
78. Swerlick RA, Yancey KB, and Lawley TJ: A direct in vivo comparison of the inflammatory properties of human C5a and C5a des arg in human skin. J Immunol 140:2376-2381, 1988.
79. Lunde MN, Paranjape R, Lawley TJ, and Ottesen RA: Filarial antigen in circulating immune complexes from patients with Wuchereria bancrofti filariasis. Am J Trop Med Hyg 38:366-371, 1988.
80. Strauss SE, Dale JK, Tobi M. Lawley TJ, Preble O, Blaese M, Hallahan C, Henke W: Acyclovir treatment of the chronic fatigue syndrome: Lack of efficacy in a placebo-controlled trial. N Eng J Med 319:1692, 1988.
81. Kubota Y, Kleinman H, Martin GR, and Lawley TJ: Role of laminin and basement membrane in the differentiation of human endothelial cells into capillary like structures. J Cell Biol 107:1589-1598, 1988.
82. Yancey KB, Lawley TJ, Dersookian M, and Harvath L: Analysis of the interaction of human C5a and C5a des Arg with human monocytes and neutrophils: Flow cytometric and chemotaxis studies. J Invest Dermatol 92:184-189, 1989.
83. Swerlick RA, Yancey KB, and Lawley TJ: The role of human mast cells in C5a induced cutaneous inflammation: Studies in mast cell depleted skin. J Invest Dermatol 93:417-422, 1989.
84. Swerlick RA, Yarchoan R. Broder S, and Lawley TJ: Dermatologic complications associated with administration of 2',3' - dideoxycytidine in patients with human immunodeficiency virus infection. J Am Acad Dermatol 21:1213-1217, 1989.
85. Lawley TJ, Kubota Y: Induction of morphologic differentiation of endothelial cells in culture. J Invest Dermatol 93:59s-61s, 1989.
86. Gaspari AA, Huang C-M, Davey RJ, Bondy C. Lawley TJ, and Katz SI: Prevalence of thyroid abnormalities in patients with dermatitis herpetiformis and in control subjects with HLA-B8/-DR3. Am J Med 88:145-150, 1990.
87. Garcia-Gonzalez E, Swerlick RA, Lawley TJ: Cell adhesion molecules. Am J of Dermatopath 12:188-192, 1990.
88. Swerlick RA, Garcia-Gonzalez E, Kubota Y, Xu Y, Lawley TJ: Studies of the modulation of MHC antigen and cell adhesion molecule expression on human dermal microvascular endothelial cells. J Invest Dermatol 97:190-196, 1991.
89. Lawley TJ, Kubota Y: Cell adhesion molecules and cutaneous inflammation. Seminars in Dermatology 10:256-259, 1991.
90. Lee KH, Lawley TJ, Swerlick RA: VCAM-1, ELAM-1 and ICAM-1 independent adhesion of melanoma cells to cultured human dermal microvascular endothelial cells. J of Invest Dermatol 98:79-85, 1992.
91. Swerlick RA, Lee KH, Wick TM, Lawley TJ: Human dermal microvascular endothelial cells but not human umbilical vein endothelial cells express CD36 in vivo and in vitro. J Immunol 148:78-83, 1992.
92. Ades E, Candal F, Swerlick RA, George V, Summers S, Bosse DC, Lawley TJ: HMEC-1: An immortalized human microvascular endothelial cell line. J Invest Dermatol 99:683-690, 1992.
93. Swerlick RA, Sepp NT, Li L-J, Caughman SW, Lee KH, Lawley TJ: Regulation of vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 on human dermal microvascular endothelial cells. J Immunol 149:698-705, 1992.
94. Swerlick RA, Brown EJ, Xu Y, Lee KH, Manos S, Lawley TJ: Expression and modulation of the vitronectin receptor on human dermal microvascular endothelial cells. J Invest Dermatol 99:715-722, 1993.
95. Swerlick RA, Lawley TJ: Role of microvascular endothelial cells in inflammation. J Invest Dermatol 100:111s-115s, 1993.
96. Bosse D, George V, Candal FJ, Lawley TJ, Ades E: Antigen presentation by a continuous human microvascular endothelial cell line, HMEC-1, to human T-cells. Pathobiology 1993.
97. McNeely MC, Lawley TJ, Harvath L: Monoclonal antibodies modulate human neutrophil chemotaxis to N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine. J Invest Dermatol 101:377-382, 1993.
98. Yang J, Xu Y, Zhu C, Hagan MK, Lawley TJ, Offerman MK: Regulation of adhesion molecule expression in Kaposi's sarcoma cells. J Immunol, 152:361, 1994.
99. Xu Y, Swerlick RA, Sepp N, Bosse D, Ades EW, Lawley TJ: Characterization of expression and modulation of cell adhesion molecules on an immortalized human dermal microvascular endothelial cell line (HMEC-1). J Invest Dermatol 102:833-837, 1994.
100. Sepp NT, Gille J, Li L-J, Caughman SW, Lee KH, Lawley TJ, Swerlick RA: A factor in human serum is required for persistent expression of E-selectin by human endothelial cells. J Invest Dermatol 102:445-450, 1994.
101. Lee KH, Chung KY, Lawley TJ, Swerlick RA: A new endothelial molecule involved in melanoma cell binding to human dermal microvascular endothelial cells. Annals of Dermatology 6:9-16, 1994.
102. Cornelius LA, Sepp N, Li L-J, Swerlick RA, Lawley TJ, Caughman SW: The selective upregulation of intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM-1) by ultraviolet B in human dermal microvascular endothelial cells. J Invest Dermatol 103:23-28, 1994.
103. Sepp NT, Li L-J, Lee KH, Brown EJ, Caughman SW, Lawley TJ, Swerlick RA: Basic fibroblast growth factor increases expression of the Áv/¢3 integrin complex on human dermal microvascular endothelial cells. J Invest Dermatol 103:295-299, 1994.
104. Mizutani H, Roswit W, Hemperly J, Lawley TJ, Swerlick RA, Kupper TS: Human dermal microvascular endothelial cells express the 140 kd isoform of neural cell adhesion molecule (NCAM). Biochem and Biophys Res Comm 203:686-693, 1994.
105. Lawley TJ, Caughman SW, Swerlick RA, Xu Y: The role of adhesion molecules in cutaneous inflammation. J Dermatol 21 (11): 790-794, 1994.
106. Sepp NT, Cornelius LA, Romani N, Li L-J, Caughman SW, Lawley TJ,. Swerlick RA: Polarized expression and basic fibroblast growth factor induced downregulation of the Á6¢4 integrin complex on human microvascular endothelial cells. J Invest Dermatol 104:266-270, 1995.
107. Chen Z-S, Pohl J, Lawley TJ, Swerlick R: Human microvascular endothelial cells adhere to thrombospondin-1 via an RGD/CSVTCG domain independent mechanism. J Invest Dermatol 104: 215-220, 1996.
108. Gille J, Swerlick RA, Lawley, TJ, Caughman, SW: Differential regulation of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 gene transcription by tumor necrosis factor-Á and interleukin-1Á in dermal microvascular endothelial cells. Blood 87:211-217 1996.
109. Gille J, Paxton LL, Lawley TJ, Caughman SW, Swerlick RA: Retinoic acid inhibits the regulated expression of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 by cultured dermal microvascular endothelial cells. J. Clinical Invest. 99: 492-500, 1997.
110. Adams DH, Yannelli JR, Newman W, Lawley TJ, Ades E, Rosenberg SA, Shaw S: Adhesion of tumour-infiltrating lymphocytes to endothelium: a phenotypic and functional analysis. British Journal of Cancer 75:(10): 1421-1431 1997.
111. Swerlick RA, Lawley TJ: Hypersensitivity vasculitis - not always benign? Lancet 350 (9074):306-307, 1997.
112. Lawley, TJ, Adkison, CR: Conflict of Interest and The Public Trust: A DeanÕs View. Presentation to American Clinical and Climatological Association, Vol. 114, 369-384, 2003.
113. Lawley, TJ, Saxton, JF and Johns, MME: Medical Education: Time for Reform. Presentation to American Clinical and Climatological Association, Vol. 116, 311-320, 2005.
114. Pizzo PA, Lawley TJ, Rubenstein AH: Role of Leaders in Fostering Meaningful Collaborations Between Academic Medical Centers and Industry While Also Managing Individual and Institutional COI, JAMA, Vol. 317, No. 17