Raul NogueiraBack to Search Results
- Marcus Stroke & Neuroscience Center
- 80 Jesse Hill Jr Drive SE Atlanta, GA 30303
- (404) 616-1111
Dr. Raul Nogueira, Director, Neuroendovascular Division – Marcus Stroke & Neuroscience Center, is an acclaimed interventional neurologist, specializing in neurocritical care and interventional neuroradiology.
Dr. Nogueira completed his Neurology Residency at the Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) and Brigham and Women’s Hospital/ Harvard Medical School. He subsequently completed Fellowships in Vascular and Critical Care Neurology as well as Neurointerventional Surgery at the MGH where he remained as a faculty member for five additional years.
He moved to Atlanta in September 2010 to help building the Marcus Stroke & Neuroscience Center at the Grady Memorial Hospital where he serves as the Director of the Neuroendovascular Service. He is a Professor of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Radiology at the Emory University School of Medicine, the Editor-in-Chief for the Interventional Neurology Journal and the Immediate Past President of the Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology (SVIN).
He has been involved in most of the mechanical thrombectomy trials for acute stroke. He was the Principal Investigator of the DAWN, Penumbra 3D Separator, and TREVO-2 trials and a Steering Committee member for the SWIFT, SWIFT Prime, and ARISE-II trials. He is currently the Principal Investigator for the RESILIENT and ENDOLOW trials. He has published over 250 manuscripts in peer-reviewed medical journal including NEJM, the Lancet, JAMA, Neurology, Stroke, AJNR, JAMA Neurology, and Circulation amongst others. He specializes in the treatment of cerebrovascular diseases including ischemic stroke, brain aneurysm, cerebral and spinal vascular malformations, and intracranial and extracranial stenosis.
- Excellence Award – Internal Medicine Preliminary Program, Jackson Memorial Hospital
- University of Miami School of Medicine -1999 Excellence in Teaching Awards for Residents and Fellows Harvard Medical School
- Class of 2001 -2001 Award for Distinguished Physicians, Radiology Society of the State of Ceara, Fortaleza, Brazil
- 2003 Partners in Excellence Award MGH Stroke Team, Massachusetts General Hospital
- 2006 Robert G. Siekert New Investigator Award in Stroke, American Heart Association, International Stroke Conference, San Diego (Feb. 2009)
- 2009 Atlanta Business Chronicle Health Care Heroes Award Finalist
- 2014 Next Generation Healer Award, Grady Health System
- 2015 Dr. Martin Gizzi Award Recipient – New Jersey JFK Hospital
- 2017 Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology – 2017 Distinguished Service Award Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology
- 2017 Presidential Award Atlanta Business Chronicle Health Care Innovator/Researcher Award
- 2018 Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology – 2018 Innovation Award
- Neurology - Neurology
- Medical School @ Universidade Federal Do Ceara
- Internship @ Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Residency @ Partners Neurology (MGH/BWH)
- Masschusetts General Hospital