When you become a volunteer at Grady, you become a hero to every person you meet.
Our volunteers help manage information desks, spend time in family waiting areas, provide wheelchair transport, and assist with way finding throughout the hospital. While WHAT you do provides critical support, HOW you do it is invaluable to upholding the Grady standard of care. Kindness matters, and it is the key ingredient in every provider and staff member who come through our doors. Volunteers too.
We know everyday heroes can do anything they set their hearts too. Do something that makes a difference. Volunteer at Grady.
ONE: FILL OUT THE APPLICATION
Submit an ONLINE APPLICATION to begin the process.
TWO: COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE NEXT STEPS PACKET
Once the application is complete, expect an email message requesting additional information.
THREE: ATTEND IN-PERSON APPOINTMENTS
Upon receipt of your next steps packet, our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you via email to schedule appointment for an interview. During the interview you will be scheduled for a group orientation AND an appointment to complete a 2-Step PPD Skin Test (TB) & Flu vaccine. Please note these vaccinations can be completed externally and proof can be submitted with the next steps packet.
Our staff and patients need you. Consider joining the thousands of people who have volunteered their time and talents at Grady over the years. Your willingness to give will have a positive impact on our patients and their recovery. Grady employees will come to rely on your dedication and giving spirit.
- Be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Agree to volunteer for a three-hour shift per week for at least three months.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Provide proof of immunization for measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) (two dates) and immunization or immunity for chickenpox (varicella).
- Receive an annual tuberculosis (TB) screening.
- Receive an annual flu vaccination.
- Follow Grady’s Volunteer Services policies and procedures.
Volunteering is not an internship or a shadow program. It’s also not an opportunity to get clinical experience.
As a volunteer, you are not allowed to participate in direct patient care. Finally, we do not accept volunteers who are court ordered to perform community service.
To begin the application process:
- Review the Volunteer Requirements
- Review the Volunteer Manual
- Complete the Volunteer Application
- Download, print, complete and return the Next Steps packet